CPC Small Forums are public faith initiatives, hosted and facilitated by our members, where we consider a conversation of substance while enjoying the levity of the Kingdom of God in Christ. These simple invitations give our Nashville friends and neighbors the opportunity to take a first-glance into our hospitable CPC community, while also enjoying intentional conversations that intersect our faith with our culture. Find the CPC Public Forums page here.
Past Member-Sponsored Forums
- First Thursdays – Past and ongoing (hosted by Cammy Bethea)
- Sweet Monday – Past and ongoing (hosted by Paula Nelson)
- Rolling Conversations, August 21, 2015 (hosted by Marten Fadelle with Jobs for Life)
- Healthy Coaching Roundtable, August 20, 2015 (hosted by Shawn Allen)
- Jews & Christians On Common Ground: The Book of Genesis for Modern Life, July 26, 2015 (hosted by the Missional Living 101 CORE Class)
- Black Abbey Brewing Night, April 30, 2015 (hosted by the Men's Missional Community)
- College Info Night, April 19, 2015 (hosted by the HigherEd MC)
- El Roi, March 14, 2015 (hosted by Ryann Lievens)
- Desegregation In Nashville Schools, March 12, 2015 (hosted by Marten Fadelle)
- Nefarious & Panel Discussion, February 8, 2015 (co-hosted by Mary Trapnell and the End Human Trafficking MC)
- Amendment 1, October 2014 (co-hosted by Josh & Brandi Kellett)
- Les Mis After-Party and Conversation with Directors Jake Speck and Matt Logan, May 8, 2014 (co-hosted by Kate Jackson & Scott Sauls)
Where are CPC Small Forums hosted?
CPC Small Forums are generated from conversations being held among or within our missional programs, partnerships, communities, and members. We gather around dinner tables, in boardrooms, coffee shops, or any other space conducive to good dialogue.
How do I participate in a Small Forum?
To communicate an open invitation to a Small Forum you are hosting...
Small Forums 101
Small Forums 101 is a concise, one-hour presentation that covers all you need to know in order to host and facilitate a CPC Small Forum in your home or third space. Offered quarterly on a Sunday morning, adult participants will hear us cover several aims and goals, then field Q&A. Hosting a small forum is not required once you complete the class, but for those wishing to host a small forum, we encourage participation.
- Hosting & Facilitating a Small Forum (PDF) – This document answers many questions you may have about hosting and facilitating.
- Details to Consider In Hosting a Small Forum (PDF)
- “What Do We Mean By ‘Missional Living?'” by Scott Sauls
- If you have completed Small Forums 101 and would like a digital copy of the Small Forums 101 packet, please email Cammy Bethea.