In the summer most of our small groups, which we call Connect Groups, are on hiatus from their regular meetings. If you haven't found a Connect Group yet, you can still join one!
Our new season of Connect Groups will begin in the fall, with Connect leader meetings in mid-September. In the meantime here are many ideas on how to enjoy the summer with your group.
Host a Gathering
- Dinner Party: Hosting dinner is always a good way to connect during the summer. Keep it casual and light, just to keep cultivating your group during the summer break. Consider meeting at the park for a picnic or a backyard barbecue.
- Neighborhood Block Party: Initiate or throw a neighborhood block party! This is a great way to connect with your group while reaching your neighbors. You could rent a bounce house, have a BBQ, or even have a house concert, this is Nashville after all!
- City Dinner Night: Set up reservations at a few restaurants around town with 6-8 spots. Then have your Connect Group sign-up and invite new people to connect with each other.
Serve with a Missional Community
Take time to invest in opportunities with one or more of our Missional Communities serving together in our city. We have almost 30 options—and the summer can be a great time to explore how your Connect Group can get involved with them.
Meet at a Popular Summer Event Around Nashville
Don't over-think your summer plans! Invite your Connect Group members, friends and neighbors to these events throughout the summer.
- Jazz on the Cumberland (May-October)
- Shakespeare in the Park (August-September)
- Movies in the Park (June)
- Westhaven Porchfest (June 17-18, Franklin)
- Leiper’s Fork Lawnchair Theatre (June-August)
- Zoovie Nights, movies at the Nashville Zoo
- Tennessee State Museum, various
- Crockett Park Summer Concert Series (June-July, Brentwood)
- Grand Ole Opry, various special events
- Cheekwood Estate Gardens, Family Night Out (June-July)
- Adventure Science Center, various events
- Musician’s Corner at Centennial Park
- Ascend Amphitheater, various concerts
- Nashville or Franklin Farmers’ Markets
- Big Band/Swing Dancing at Centennial Park
- Cumberland Park
- Tomato Art Festival (August)
- Bluegrass Nights at The Ryman Auditorium (June-July)
- Live on the Green (August-September)
- Full Moon Pickin’ Party (May-October,Warner Park)