What Are Forums?
Public Forums are intentional conversations about things that matter to all people, whether they believe in Jesus or not. For us, it’s essential that Public Forums include people who believe as we do, as well as people who do not. We welcome Christians, people of other religious beliefs, agnostics, atheists, and anyone else who is interested in openly discussing ideas to attend and participate in the Public Forums we host.
How Do Forums Work?
The nature of a public forum is a public dialogue between two or more individuals on a specific topic of public interest. A forum incorporates education, dialogue, and audience participation (through questions and observations). Forums can take place in someone’s home with just 20 or so interested participants, or they can take on the form of a large gatherings, filling up an entire event space with people who are interested in discussing things that matter in our lives.
Fiddles, Fame, and Faith: Life Behind the Music in Nashville
DATE: April 8, 2018
SPEAKERS: Holly Williams, David Hodges, Troy Tomlinson, Danny Rader, and Tom Douglas. Moderated by Samantha Fisher
More details coming soon.
- Life Through a Screen: The Benefits, Risks, & Wounds of the Internet: Various speakers and a panel discussion about the current social media landscape and how it affects teens and families. Moderated by Elisabeth Hasselbeck. April 23, 2017.
- Election Week Politics: A panel with Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam, former Obama aide Michael Wear and Pastor Scott Sauls. Moderated by WKRN News Anchor Samantha Fisher. November 6, 2016.
- Q Commons: National and local leaders discuss the best ways to renew culture. October 13, 2016.
- Racial Realities: An honest conversation on pain, justice, redemption and belonging with Thomas Hunter, Charles Robinson, Paul Lim, Richie Sessions and Brandi Kellett. April 3, 2016.
- Same-Sex Attraction Forum: An honest conversation on sexuality with Stephen Moss and Senior Pastor Scott Sauls. April 12, 2015.
- Q Commons Nashville. October 9, 2014.
- Gabe & Rebekah Lyons Interview. April 2014.