Celebrate Recovery, Thursdays 6:30 p.m.
CelebrateRecovery© is a ministry to hurting people who are on a journey toward wholeness; seeking recovery from and celebrating God’s healing of life’s hurts, habits, and hang-ups. Trained leaders provide safe, confidential, Christ-centered groups where people can grow. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mary Linda at 615-347-2096 or call Lisa at 615-838-9701.
Celebrate Recovery Meetings
We meet every Thursday, year-round, at the Hope House (see directions below.)
- Large Group from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Everyone meets together for a time of worship then a testimony or teaching based on the 12 steps and recovery principles.
- Open Share Groups from 7:30-8:30 p.m. Gender-specific groups made up of participants with similar hurts, hang-ups and habits designed for more in-depth sharing of similar struggles. Participants are encouraged to share, but you are welcome to come and not say anything.
- Newcomer’s Meeting from 7:30-8:30 p.m. If you are new to Celebrate Recovery© or are a visitor, we invite you to attend this meeting after the large group time. You will receive a brief introduction to the program as well as an explanation of our meeting format. Join us here to find out about CR, ask questions and determine if it is a good fit for you.
- Solid Rock Cafe at 8:30 p.m. Time together over coffee after the open share group meeting. This is an excellent place to unwind, relax and get to know others better.
- We meet at the Hope House.
- Turn at traffic light at Old Hickory Boulevard & Chickering Road into Christ Presbyterian Church entrance.
- Park in the first paved parking lot on the right; the lot has a portico entrance to the main church building.
- Cross the parking lot left to the crosswalk, and follow the sidewalk to the Hope House. Look for Celebrate Recovery signs.
Examples of Issues Dealt with at Celebrate Recovery
Abandonment • Abuse – Physical, Sexual, Emotional • Adult Children of Dysfunctional Families • Adultery • Alcohol Dependency • Anger • Anxiety • Chemical Dependency • Codependency • Controlling Personality • Depression • Divorce • Drug Dependency • Eating Disorders • Fear • Food Addictions • Gambling • Grief • Guilt • Insecurity • Loss of Relationship • Nicotine Dependency • Obsessive-Compulsive Behavior • Overspending • People-Pleasing • Perfectionism • Pornography • Rage • Rejection• Relationship Addiction • Sadness • Sexual Addiction • Shame • Workaholism
Is Celebrate Recovery for Me?
Celebrate Recovery offers a person the opportunity to participate in a group fellowship where love and hope combine with God’s purpose to mend our lives. Ask yourself:
- Are there things in my life that I do that hurt others?
- Is there something I wish I could live without?
- Is it time to crack my denial and admit I am not in control of my life?
- Do I have a painful habit or hang-up from which I need to be free?
If you answered “yes” to any of these statements then we encourage you to attend a Celebrate Recovery Open House to see if it is for you.
Who can benefit from Celebrate Recovery?
Anyone who struggles with the kinds of hurts, habits and hang-ups can benefit from CR. Do you struggle with a particular issue that seems to have such strength and power over you that it has prevented you from experiencing any real victory? Have you been secretly hoping for a safe place to share your struggles and get healing? Celebrate Recovery is for you!
Hurts, Habits and Hangups?
You may be thinking that recovery is only for those with alcohol or drug problems. This could not be further from the truth. A hurt, habit or hang-up is anything that hinders your walk with God, including: (See Examples of Issues Dealt With above)
FAQs About Celebrate Recovery
How often does Celebrate Recovery meet? We meet every week, except Thanksgiving and Christmas if its on a Thursday.
Are the small groups really safe places for me to share my story? Celebrate Recovery© insists that certain guidelines apply during Open Share Groups and Step Study Groups. The guidelines are distinctive features of the ministry designed to create a safe environment for participants to share.
Do I have to be a member of your church to attend Celebrate Recovery© Meetings? No. You are not required to attend or be a member of our church. Celebrate Recovery© is a ministry for anyone who is interested in a Christ-centered recovery program.
Do I have to share in the open share or step study groups? You will never be required to share in the Open Share Groups. You can take as long as you need to feel safe enough to share. In the Step Studies, however, everyone is required to share as the group moves through the questions in the curriculum books.
What if I can’t make it to the meeting every week? You are welcome to come whenever you can to the Large Group Meeting and Open Share Groups. However, if you join a Step Study, you will be expected to come each week until the curriculum is completed.
Who leads the groups? Celebrate Recovery© groups are not led by pastors, teachers or counselors. Instead, CR groups are facilitated by compassionate volunteers who have, by the grace of God, walked through a process of recovery from their own hurts, habits and hang-ups.
How does Celebrate Recovery© differ from Alcoholics Anonymous? Celebrate Recovery© incorporates the 12 steps with a distinctly Christian approach. We also address many more issues than just alcoholism. For a detailed list of issues, check the Hurts, Habits and Hang-ups section on this web site.
What if I don’t have an addiction, but I have been deeply affected by another person’s addictions? Can CR help me? Yes. Celebrate Recovery© also ministers to people who are affected by others who are battling addiction or some other destructive behavior. You are welcome to join us and gain support and wisdom.
What are the 12 steps of Celebrate Recovery? Download a PDF describing the steps.
Inclement Weather Policy
If Williamson County schools are closed or dismiss early due to inclement weather, Celebrate Recovery will be cancelled that evening.